Bringing Quality TCM Education to Washington DC and Northern Virginia metropolitan area
Virginia Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, VITCM, offers continuing medical education or “CME” program / professional developping activity or “PDA” program in TCM, and plan to start a rigorous master’s degree program, giving existed and future practioners a solid foundation in acupuncture, herbology, biomedicine / Western medicine, tuina massage, nutrition, ethics, practice management–all the tools they’ll need to be responsible and effective practitioners of Chinese Medicine.
Take your time to look through our website. Contact us with your questions. Come to our clinic for a treatment. Join us for all PDA programs and admission open house. And, help create a healthier future for the Northern Virginia/DC area and beyond.
See more at www.VITCM.org .
1. Why Dr. Arthur Fan set up Virginia institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine(VITCM)?
Since practicing Chinese medicine in the U.S. almost ten years ago, I have been impressed at how many of my patients love and trust Chinese Medicine. More than a few of my patients have actually been inspired to become practitioners of Chinese Medicine. Having studied in China and lived and practiced now in the U.S., I want to bring an authentic and effective curriculum in Chinese Medicine to the Northern Virginia and DC metropolitan area. Chinese Medicine is a deep and old tradition of at least 3000 years old. At VITCM, our faculty has an understanding of the classics and seeks to bring their spirit into the classroom.
2. What is the background of Dr.Arthur Fan?http://www.chinesemedicinedoctor.us/ https://arthuryinfan.wordpress.com/category/dr-fans-med-education/
* A licensed acupuncturist in Virginia and Washington DC since 2002;
* A physician in Chinese medicine and Conventional medicine (China, from 1986 to 2001,16 years), chosen by Chinese government as a High-level physician in Chinese Medicine(1999-2000);
* A PhD in Chinese Internal Medicine, and had special TCM training in neurology and gynaecology (in China);
* A researcher / scientist in acupuncture and Chinese herbology studies(safety and efficacy), was a research fellow under NIH funding;
* An academic reviewer for CAM research journals, such as JACM; and book publishers;
* An academic consultant for the Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore (since 2006);
* A board director in Virginia state acupuncture society(2009-2010, ASVA).