1. Dystonia basically may be caused by a structural (mostly neuron) damage in the central nervous system (CNS), such as after a car accident or a head injury, there no way to be absolutely “cured”, most of the patients around world have to live with it; we did have “clinically cured” patients. But the treatment takes time, and not every patient could be cured–I mean, clinically.
2. “Clinical cured” means the patient almost has no symptom and most movement is almost normal, but there may still be some that are slightly abnormal, because the CNS damage could not be fixed. A normal MRI doesn’t mean having no neuron damage. If you are using an MRI, you may see more abnormalities.
3. The treatment takes time, 8 session acupuncture treatments is one treatment course in our center (with or without herbal remedies). 8 sessions’ of acupuncture could never cure dystonia, I mean after 8 sessions, most of patients feel some effectiveness – some have more, some less and on rare occasions there is no effectiveness at all.
4. In our blog before, we discussed the herbal remedy and the cost. Herbal remedy may be very helpful in stabilizing the effectiveness. Acupuncture is quick, but herbal remedy is more stable. You could read more in www.arthuryinfan.wordpress.com dystonia part.
5. If you feel some providers may have experience in dystonia treatment, you could see them; However, I could not predict the effectiveness.