Sometime, patients asked me–
(1) Are you a medical doctor?
(2) What is the difference between other acupuncturist and you?
(3) What is your background？
And, so on………
My reply is:
Arthur Yin Fan is–
* Currently, A licensed acupuncturist (LAc) in Virginia and Washington DC (since 2002); also a Chinese medicine doctor who practices herbology, Tuina, teaches Tai Chi, etc.
* A physician, or medical doctor, in Chinese medicine and Conventional medicine (in China, from 1986 to 2001), chosen by Chinese goverment as a High-level physician in Chinese Medicine(1999-2000);
* A PhD in Chinese Internal Medicine, and have special trainings in neurology and psychology(in China);
* A researcher / scientist in acupuncture and Chinese herbology studies(safety and effecacy), was a postdoctoral fellow under NIH projects;
* An academic reviewer for CAM research journals, such as JACM; and book publishers;
* An academic consultant for Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland (since 2006);
* A board member in Virginia state acupuncture society(2008-2010);
* The founder and president of Virginia Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, VITCM.
He studied Chinese medicine first, then was trained in conventional medicine, he is the person knowing how to bridge Chinese medicine with conventional medicine.